Thursday, March 20, 2008

All Air

I use the title in reference to my head this morning. I have nothing to say and even less to write about. Some would say the is a chronic condition. I do not have the bubble head disease that affects so many of my age group. Thank goodness! I do not say like and oh my god after every other word. I do not text and flip my hair. Does that mean there is something wrong with me or them? Or neither? The level of immaturity that most kids my age have astounds me. I feel very old when I am subject to their hot air and lip gloss. I rarely am subjected to that kind of torture but occasionally it happens. Not of my making I assure you. I have never really been subjected to peer pressure that many of my age group are. They all want to be "cool" and popular. To be accepted. Everyone wants to be accepted. One of the reasons I have never been subjected to that kind of peer pressure is because I do not want to be accepted by the bubble heads. I am not a snob about it but I have little to nothing in common with that group of people. Does that make me a snob? I am never rude to them. I always try to be polite. I do not look down my nose at them. Or any group of people for that matter. But I do not want to be part of that. I have friends that are not bubble heads. The bubble head disease affects any age group. Not just the younger people. I have seen bubble headed adults. Many people discredit me and my thoughts and opinions because of my age. Why? Because I am young and have yet to experience life? I know I am young and have many things to learn in every aspect of my life. But being young does not always make you stupid. In some cases yes it does. I have heard many people say that when they were my age that they thought they knew everything. They parents ad every one in authority were stupid. I do not feel that way. I KNOW I do not know every thing. I also know that my parents and those in authority know much more. I have much to learn and experience. I credit my parents and the way they have choses to raise me for that. Respect for authority. Respect in general. I can not change the world. I will just be thankful for how my parents have raised me and thankful for the good friends I have. I guess I did have something to write about.

4 comments:

Buck said...

But being young does not always make you stupid.

Agreed. In my last job before I retired I promoted one of my guys to shift supervisor at age 20. He was one of the smartest guys I've ever known, both technically and at life, in general.

Interesting point about the promotion... I had to defend and justify it all the way to the CEO level (not as self-important as it sounds: the CEO was only the second guy up in my chain of command, and it was a small company.). The argument I had to overcome was "but he's ONLY 20!!" And secondly: "that's a LOT of money for a 20-year-old!" And it was. Not many 20 year-olds make six figure incomes, but he got his promotion in the end. The sad thing was we couldn't go out for drinks to celebrate until two months later...

;-)

Bag Blog said...

And to think I took one look at you and thought, "She is probably not very smart."

Inquiries said...

Buck: That is interesting! The drink thing made me laugh.

Lou: LOL. That guy was a jerk!

The Friendly Neighborhood Piper said...

being set apart does have its benny's.