Wednesday, July 23, 2008

People!

Peoples cellphone habits amuse me. Last week I was in the grocery store and a man was walking around with his cellphone to his ear, not saying anything for a very long time. He must be talking to a very long winded person! Suddenly his phone rang. He blushed from the top of his head to the bottoms of his feet. I burst out laughing. I tried not to but it is hard to control.
After that a woman was walking through the store and ever time someone's phone rang she would frantically look at hers. I found that amusing also.

Yesterday I was at Wal-Mart and the checker I choose scrutinized every item and asked what I was going to use it for. I wanted to scream JUST PUT IT IN THE BAG! Finally she was looking at the last item I had. Which was a box of Dr. Peppers. On the box where the cardboard flaps over lap one flap was bent back. She asked me if I wanted another box. The dogs tear up the box after the drinks are gone. I'm really not concerned about having perfect box.

Later at the fitness center I was getting my stuff from my locker. And a woman shoves me out of the way to get her stuff out of the locker that is below mine. I stood my ground and just looked at her. She said Would you get out of the way and let me finish! I did the polite grown up thing and moved aside. She finished her business and left.

Thanks for reading another installment of my life!

4 comments:

Bag Blog said...

You find the most interesting people, but then you have an eye for them. In other words, you are very observant.

Becky G said...

Cell phones! I was in the drive through at Burger King today. It was a long line. We were there about 20 minutes. The lady in the truck in front of me talked on her cell phone the entire time, even when she was giving her order. She drove up to the window, still talking, got her food and drove off, still talking. I wonder what in the world people need to talk so much about that they can't wait until it is safe for them to do so.

Inquiries said...

Lou: Thats how I get all my laughs!

Jenn: People can be so weird! The lady was not very nice and she was old enough to have learned some manners.

Becky: No one is without their phone anymore. It is like being without their brain!

Anonymous said...

At the races Saturday night. We were sitting by a bunch of young high schoolers. They each had to walk by us 15 times without saying excuse me. My MIL and I didn't move when they'd come up. Then we'd say, "if you say excuse me we'll let you through." Come one people!